Wednesday, August 6, 2008

To finish off the "SURPRISE" night

These are the babies born in 2007 (thanks to my editors for catching the date mix up). From left to right are: Blake 8 months old (Tami and Tony's), Jaden 16 months old (Mike and Julie's), Abby 14 months (Ponch and Rochelle's), and Mason 10 months (Becky and Chris'). To have 4 grandchildren in 8 months makes for a busy year.
This was NOT the best picture of all the grandkids, but it's the one that will stay and have to work. Here are grandma and grandpa with all the grandkids, except my 3 oldest (Tanner, Parker and Evan) who stayed home. The grandkids range in age from 15 1/2 to 8 months and there are 17+.
17+ leads me to the end of the night "Surprise". We had all given dad much heartfelt and time consuming gifts like photobooks, a personalized song or a DVD of his life or presents that the grandkids had made. Well my older brother Steve surprised everyone when he and his wife came down from Montana (they said they weren't coming because I wasn't coming, so I had to let them know early I was coming!). So the night ended on an exciting and happy note. See picture below:
So this very ugly baby is how my brother told my dad (hence the previous picture of emotions) that they are expecting their first kid (after time and trials). Steve took a current picture and added parts to his baby picture to get this very FUGLY baby! It was the cherry on top of an eventful night. Congrats Steve and Kate and may your baby be better looking than this!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Yea so I missed these my first time through. I just read the most recent entry and ended there. Sorry! Very fun! I have yet to think about posting all this stuff!

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had fun! I hope all the babies born were in 2007 not 1997 - haha!

Beck said...

thanks, Camille, you're i think #5 or 6 to let me know that... guess I should fix that (just an added FYI, 1997 had 3 babies: Landon, Tanner,and Colton)