Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of SCHOOL... already?!

Is Summer really over?! It officially ended this morning when I had to get up at 6am (which mind you I haven't done since high school drill team days forever ago). I had to get my new 6th grader up and ready for his first day of Middle School... yes, you heard me right. Tanner is officially in Middle School and let me just say "WOW". We had locker practice and orientation yesterday and I am officially NOT COOL anymore! I knew it was coming, but boy it hurts harder than I thought it would. I was glad to see that even though we were on the back row of the bleachers by ourselves, his friends came to him and wanted to be with him, so I went down to the first row. The "thanks for leaving, mom" I got later assured me although I'm not cool... I'm pretty cool:)! Tan was out the door to catch the bus at 6:45a.m. which left me 15 minutes to myself before I had to get up with Parker.



Parker was next! He was a little harder to wake up (surprisingly... he's best a.m. kid when it's not summer!) He was up and out the door for his new school in 3rd grade (the Elementary is split into 2 buildings a block apart...k=2 and 3-5 so this was all new to him too!) He was out the door and ready for bus at 7:45am. He was nervous, but found out last night that the girl he thinks is cute is in his class (Faith from an end of school entry in May) and so he was excited to say "hi".





Then we decided to change it all up! Park left for school, Evan woke up and we moved Evan out of Parker's room and in with Mason (he and Parker have been doing bunkbeds togeother). So now Park has his own room and Mason and Evan will share. We'll see how it goes, I'll let you know. So Evan was SO excited to go to Kindergarten and ride the bus. He was happy to hear that he gets to take a snack everyday and excited to meet new friends. He loved putting on his "fast shoes" and was so excited for his Hulk backpack that matches his best friend, Andrew's backpack. He was SO EXCITED he kept asking, "Do I get to go on the bus now? Can I meet my teacher now? Now is time, mom?" He gets the MOST ENTHUSIASTIC award.


Obviously I didn't get Tanner getting on or off the bus (remember, I'm not cool), but here's a quick one of Evan and Parker getting off the bus. They will ride the same bus home together. Everyone's first day went well and Tanner after only one day is realizing he's going to be tired. (and so will his mom!)

3 comments:

Tam said...

Love Tanners shirt. They got it in XXL? The boys looked awesome. I still cant comprehend dressing a big boy. Glad to see they enjoyed it!

Beck said...

Oh the boys picked out and dressed themselves... all of them, from head to toe. I hate Parker's shoes, but I'm trying this mom thing of letting them make choices :) I had to point evan in the right direction as he first had is "red outfit" on (where the shorts are one color of red and the shirt a different color of red) Boys can figure out "outfits" like tae adn liya can.

Thanks for the nice comment. Funny thing... yes you can get it in a XXL... this was an adult small :)

Chris and Katie said...

Awww...don't worry, once they hit their senior year of high school and realize they WANT someone else to do their college essays for them, and do their laundry...you'll be "the cool one" again!