Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SPIDERWOMAN... I DON'T THINK SO! ARACHNOPHOBIA....YES!!





Note: Please click on the pictures so you can see just how big it is. It may look like a speck... it's not!


So if you know me well… you know I don’t do the spider thing! I’m a tough chic and can deal with lizards, crickets, snakes, things like that…. Just not spiders! So when I was on the phone w/a friend, I looked out the window to see this huge (in my account) spider going up it’s web. Now while you’re laughing and thinking…it’s outside stupid girl, just leave it alone…OH NO!!! I started the bribery at $1. Which ever kid kills it gets the buck. By now that thing was at the top of our 2 story house (from what started about 3’ off the ground). I felt my heart rapidly begin to beat and immediately up it to $2. As Tanner wants to throw a hockey stick at it and Parker wants to throw a baseball at it (it referring to the spider, but also my house) I said “NO!”. So, nervously not wanting this thing to get away, the ante goes up to $3. Parker grabs a basketball realizing after a few throws that he’s not going to make it all the way up there. That’s it. $4.00! Please get this down and kill it! So Park grabs a Nerf football and starts the attempt. After almost losing it on top of the house and making him dangle on his web, the goal was almost accomplished. At this point, I say “$5.00. My last offer! I need that thing down NOW and DEAD!” Park gives it one last good throw and it comes down and Tanner with shoes in HAND, not on FEET, slams it down dead. It was the biggest most disgusting thing I've seen since being this house about 2 1/2 years. I finally check my pulse to make sure my 11 year won’t have to call 9-1-1 and after some victory laps, it was dead. Now I know you’re wanting me to apologize for killing this beast, but I won’t do it! It was huge, was a threat to me and my family :), and needed to be a casualty of war. Good bye, Spidey! PS Evan cried because he wanted the spider to bite him so he could be Spiderman…oh the innocence! PSS Park and Tanner SPLIT the $5.00.

4 comments:

B-Rad said...

Sorry Beck but its Arachnophobia..and yes its creepy. I hate spiders too. bleh. id rather have a few more bugs alive than that thing.

ivy said...

I hate spiders too! James kills all the ones around our house (but he hasn't figured out I would possibly give him money to do this, so ssshhhhh!) However, we've never had one THAT BIG!

Julie Ramsay said...

THat thing was huge! Yikees! Luckily you have big strong men around!

Hunter Family Blog said...

I love your stories! Always so fun to read about!!!