Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy FIRST Birthday, MASON!!!

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Mason, Happy birthday to you!!! I can't believe that one year ago today at 12:57pm, Mason Andrew Condiff would come to our family. He weighed 8 lbs 10 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He arrived with some serious sized "paws" and feet and as handsome as the rest of the Condiff boys! (Only this one had a few of mommy's features...YEAH!)

This has been a GREAT year with our "Chunky Monkey". We first thought we would be calling him "big MAC" (for Mason Andrew Condiff and because he was big), but he very quickly became our "Chunky Monkey" or as the people at church calls him... "TANK". :) He just brings a huge smile to your face. He has the best personality and is so easy going.

The feature I love most about Mase are those CHEEKS! He has had these huge cheeks that even strangers will come up to me and comment about how big they are try to give them a squeeze. When he started to crawl and move, he “slimmed down” and his cheeks just aren’t what they used to be, but people still comment on them.

Another feature I just love on Chunky are his HANDS! Those paws on him are so solid and big… you just know he’s going to do something great with those hands. Evan had skinny, long finger hands, but Mason’s are huge and thick!

Another favorite feature on Mason are his EYES! He got his momma’s big brown eyes and I love that! Not that I don’t love Evan and Parker’s eyes, but I just love his brown eyes! (Tanner’s eyes are brown too!)

And of course, I just love his DIMPLES! He gets to laughing and he has the cutest dimples! Or when he’s trying to be shy (or flirt with the other hot babies at church) he does this really subtle smile, but his dimples just kill you!

Here are a few pics from his first hours to his first week. Of course I wanted to post about 100 pics, but that's not happening today.


Oh, how sweet was this!!! This was about 4 or 5 hours after he was born. Check out that dimple! (Note to myself: My fingers were so fat and swollen that for the first time ever after already having 3 kids, I had to take my wedding ring off :(. I've never done that before, and hope I don't have to do it ever again!)


Getting ready to go home. He loved the carseat.

Some mommy and me time. I can't believe that he was ever this small. It only lasted what seemed to be days and before I knew it, he was a month old and HUGE! lol


This was taken when he was 6 days old. Pretty content at that point, but oh has times have changed..........

4 comments:

Tam said...

Happy BDay Mase! I love those pictures of when he was born. I want to just pick him up and smother him with yucky, wet, slobbery old aunt kisses! And those cheeks, you are right. I guess its a good thing he's not mine or I'd have nibbled them off. Mase, I wish you were closer so you and your cousin Blake could be best buddies (although for the first couple years I think its okay, you are so big you could squish Blakers to death). We love you big boy!

Nic said...

Becky,
The movie Forever Strong is playing at these theaters in MO.
St. Louis Mills Stadium 18 - Hazelwood, MO
Independence 20 - Independence, MO
I don't know if you live near either one of these theaters but it really was a great show. Yes, it is based on a true story about a Mormon coach but nothing eludes to the Mormon faith in the movie. Your little guy is too cute- that dimple! I've got another boy on the way, I'm so excited.

Julie Ramsay said...

What a cutie! I love the dimple!!! Boy has this year flown by. I can't believe it! He might outgrow all his brothers! I think he's going to be a tall one!

Brandy said...

Becky, I love that we both have a 1 yr. old named Mason, both with dimples. (Ok, my Mason only has one, but still). Again, a very small world. ;) You can access my blog through Tami's if you want to compare boys or it's heinerlife.blogspot.com. Hope you don't me spying on your blog!
Brandy