Monday, June 9, 2008

Tanner ready for the DANCE!


So I told you how Tanner was excited to be in "Middle School" now and he's "so old". Well I decided to give in a little and let him know that I trust him and his friends and respect his "old age". So one week after school was out was the big "dance". He had me come into his room one day because we needed "to talk". Well he wanted to talk about he was voted most fashionable at school and that he has a reputation to uphold in Middle School now and we needed to go shopping. WHAT?!?! Never in a MILLION years did I expect to hear my son tell me we needed to go shopping. So I took him shopping and this was what he came up with (with a little help from mom :) ) He told me to "drop him off" at the dance and that he'd be okay. It cost $3 to get in, so I asked him, "How much money do you need, Tan?" He quickly replied "$20." I said nice try and handed him a $10 (which he also was reminded it came out of his allowance... bad mom, I know) So I dropped him off, went back and picked him up. He had a blast he said. Of course he didn't dance, but had fun "hanging out." I'm okay letting Tanner do this, but I'm scared to death when Parker asks to go to these.... YIKES!!!

3 comments:

Nanny said...

Cute blog, Becky!

Tam said...

Whoot, whoot Tan! The 7th grade girls are going to be calling you non-stop. Better ask for your own cell phone . . . wait, I've already got that! Ha ha ha! Very handsome (Dont tell your bros but you are pretty dang cute).

Julie Ramsay said...

Very stylish! A fashion icon in the making. Scary how fast they grow up. Monica is in France this week on a school trip. Where did my little girl go?