Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thanks for coming, MOM/GRANDMA!









So I had a chance to spend some time with my mom. She came out before my birthday to see the grandkids (and of course...wish me Happy Birthday...in person!!) Mom and Dad live in Bountiful, Utah and mom always comes by herself in the springtime and then they both return usually in December. It was great to have mom here and play the traditional games with the grandkids... Sorry, Monopoly, Harry Potter UNO, and GO FISH!. She was able to hit one of the boys hockey games where Tanner skated and played really good and Parker got a goal. She was here for my recipe club night and was able to see her daughter in a "different light" I think. We did a little shopping and a lot of excercises (for a hurt shoulder of hers) and watched the "Jazzies" (Utah Jazz NBA team) on T.V.. With all the fun we had the best part was by far the homemade chicken noodle soup (where she rolls her own noodles and everything is homemade and yummy) and the homemade chocolate cake... YUM! It was so good to have her out. I was glad to get the news that I was going to see my sister in AZ, but felt badly that it could have taken away some of my excitement that she was here. I love you, Mom! Thanks for coming and thanks for all you do! Happy Mother's Day, Sunday!!!

2 comments:

Tam said...

Love the background! Time for a new entry -- like your visit to my house! : ) We miss you and want you to come back!

Tam said...

FYI I can see the smile box! Good luck and UPDATE!