Monday, May 12, 2008

{HaPPy biRtHDaY, CapTAiN eVAn!!!}











Happy Birthday, EVAN!!! I can't believe my little swashbuckling pirate is 5!!! I must say, please be impressed with his birthday cake... I MADE IT!!! Now I know that may sound dumb, but if you know me at all then you know how lucky Evan was to get a pirate hat with gold money made with love by mom! He invited only boys and dressed them up in their pirate gear (click on the picture to get a better a view...Aargh!) We played pin the X on the treasure chest, cannonball toss, walk the plank, had pirate boats (hot dogs) for grub, and had a pirate pinata they were able to take a swing at. It was a blast and kids were really good and had a fun time with. Why do they grow up so fast?!?!

4 comments:

Jules said...

I am SUPER impressed!!! That cake rocks, and so do the pirate costumes. Seriously cool mom you are!! My boys are jealous of the pirate party! Good job Matey! Julie

Kent and Emily Cook said...

So it was fun to see what kind of party you have to have for a boy! I think as of yet we have really focused on princess parties and Mickey Mouse. Pretty Cool cake, Beck! Sure do miss having you around for girls night out. I don't do it anymore! Hope you are keeping the tradition alive out there... Em

Come, Follow Me-Music Study said...

Love, Love, Love the cake!!! Fabulous job!!! What a little homemaker you are becoming! So impressed!

Steve & Katie said...

Arghhhh..... Those are serious looking beards. Good thing there were no fair maidens around. :)


Steve & Katie