Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy 70th Dad!!! SURPRISE!!!


My dad had his 70th Birthday this past week and I was able to go to Utah and surprise him. I knew all my brothers and sister would be there and didn't want to miss out, but I've missed out on things before. So I told them I wouldn't be able to go because Chris had to work (which was true... he worked... just not in Chicago like I said...he'll be there tomorrow, a week later). Anyway, i didn't tell anyone i was coming, except my little brother Chuck (Christian) because he was my ride. He picked me up from the airport in his Land Rover and I dropped him off to get his other car. So he went out to mom and dad's first and I showed up at 10:30pm and rang the doorbell. Tami and Tony were already up from Pheonix, so mom answered the door, surprised and tam was shortly behind her. But it was truly the surprise on my dad's face when I walked in with Mason and he was shocked. It was fun and all worth it to see his face. I was able to see and surprise Ponch and Ro and Mike and Julie and their families on Saturday. It was so fun to just hang out. Saturday Mason was sick, so it wasn't what I was planning on, but we worked it out. He napped while everyone else was swimming. Then we had the cousins driving 4 wheelers. Sunday was church and a Luau. Monday was shopping and dad's big party surprise with dinner at the Mandarin (yum!) and "program". Tuesday was lunch with Kell at our traditional, Robintino's. It was fun surprising Kat Tuesday night and that was really great to see and spend time with both of them. Wednesday was lunch at Paradise Cafe' and the good old Bountiful Parade where it was really fun to see Steph, Molly, Kim, Carri, Joe, Brad and people I grew up around. Then I stayed up way to late (again) talking with my "big sis", Rochelle and left and came home Thursday morning. The flight GOING to Utah was great with Mason... he got his own seat and he did wonderful! Coming home SUCKED! The plane was full, he had to be on my lap, he wouldn't sleep, he peed through his diaper and just wasn't as pleasant. I'm grateful for a husband who let me go be with my family for a few days and take care of the 3 older boys at home. Thanks, honey.... YOU ROCK!!! :) PS Pictures to come soon.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Thank you Texi poo poo! I had the most fun seeing Mason (yea beck was fun but not nearly as cute as Mase). He is the cutest, fatest, squishiest, most loveable kid I know. I only wish that Chris and the other boys could have come as well!

Beck said...

I was already there... no need to kiss his butt at this point :) I wish we ALL could have been there too! You have the cutes girls and the cutest boy (under 20 lbs). Still miss you sis!

Nic said...

What an awesome suprise! I can't believe your dad is 70. He and your mom both look just as I remember them... 15 year's ago. Actually, I did get to see them at Brock's farwell. I love the sense of humor your family has. All families need a little laughter now and then. So funny that we both hit our favorite spots when we go home- Robintino's and the Mandrin!