Monday, October 27, 2008

It's spelled E-V-A-N!!!




I got a lesson in spelling this week. Evan was hungry and wanting a snack. So I gave him the bucket of pretzels and got back to the task at hand...cleaning out the fridge. I could hear him saying "Don't tell me I know what's next!" and start to laugh. He's known how to spell his name for years, but something got his funny bone going. After ignoring him as long as I could I finally turned around to say, "What's so funny, Evan?" I didn't think that spelling "Evan" in pretzels could be so funny...but he did! And it only got more funny for him as he then tried to spell Tanner and Parker and Mason and found out his name was the only one that looked completely normal (come on people...use your imagination and try to make a "round R" or a "curvy S" as he called them)...it doesn't work and apparently to a 5 year old... that's hilarious!

1 comment:

Tam said...

That is pretty smart little dude! I should do this with Aliya. She is learning her letters and doesnt say the letter A when she writes it, she'll only say the sound. I would prefer her to do both but I guess she's at least doing one so its okay!