Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where Chris and I began...COLIN RAMSAY!


So I thought it would be fun to every once and a while update the blog with things of the past and I thought what way to start then when Chris and began! This is a picture of our dear friends, Colin and Julie Ramsay. This picture was taken LAST August when I WAS pregnant (no don't freak out... I"m not prego) when we were able to hook up for a night of fun.

Colin is from Switzerland and he and I met in Rexburg, Idaho at Ricks College (before BYU Idaho). Colin was dating a roommate of mine and in conversation one day I learned Colin didn't know how to swim. So I said, "I'll teach you!" So I went over to pick him up at his apartment and his roommate answers the door. Colin wasn't ready yet, so I got the chance to talk to his roommate. Let me first describe to you what I saw. A return missionary sitting on the couch watching CMT (Country Music Television) wearing a 10 gal. cowboy hat, a bright designed cowboy shirt, starched Wranglers with the white crease down the front, some cowboy boots, and big belt buckle that said "Texas" on it. When being my outgoing self I am, I said, "Hi, I'm Becky. What's your name?" He mumbled something I could figure out what he said (because was obviously more into the TV than me). I asked him again, "What was name, I didn't get it." He said something again and again, I DIDN'T GET IT. So I asked him where he was from and he said "Texas". By now Colin was ready and I thought it would be just Colin and I and he asked his roommate if he wanted to come and he said sure, so he came too. I didn't care that my makeup wasn't on and I wasn't ready because he was some small cowboy from Texas. So from then on (until we moved to MO) his name has been "Tex".
So after swimming we went to Little Caesar's for the soon to be come almost DAILY lunch of ours. We all started hanging out, the 3 of us and doing lots of fun and awesome stuff together. It was becoming obvious that 3 was a crowd and next thing we knew "Tex" and I started hanging out. We started dating (even though I had a missionary out I was SURE I was going to marry), but I just thought "hey, free food and fun, why not?!". So it wasn't very much longer and then Colin met Julie, his wife and we all became GREAT friends. Colin and Julie were married just a little over a month after Chris and I and lived in Boise for a while. Then the decided to move to Switzerland and have lived there about 8 years. Then about a year or 2 ago moved to London, England and live there now. They have 5 kids, Monica, James, George, Ben and Tim (twins). I am grateful I learned to swim when I was very young so that I could meet Colin which led me to Tex. Thanks, Colin and we miss you guys... TONS!!!
PS. The purse you see me holding is just a figment of your imagination!!! I had to carry a purse a few times because those dang maternity pants didn't always have pockets!

3 comments:

Rykell said...

Hey Becky!
I am one of your best friends from high school, and I don't think I even knew that stuff!! Good blog!
Hey, FYI, I updated my blog if you want to check it out!!
Got your message on the phone too, thanks for keeping in touch. Love ya, Kellbell

Julie Ramsay said...

Hey Tex and Beck!
Good times at ole Ricks College. We have some great memories together. When are kids are grown we should sail around on a boat together for a year or something! Maybe retire together. Have Monica and Tanner marry each other?!? Its late I better get to bed. Hope to see you more often!
Love,
Colin and Julie and kids

Steve & Katie said...

Beck - loved hearing about when you and Tex first met. He'll have to sport his cowboy gear when you head out this direction, since he wouldn't be at all out of place (esp. if it's during fair or rodeo time). He might even get asked which bull he's going to ride.
Love hearing your stories and seeing the picts!

Kate